The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarization requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the ECDIS NG Sperry Marine VisionMaster FT and VisionMaster Net.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
Module 1: User Interface
Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
Module 3: Chart Work
Module 4: Alert Management
Module 5: Sensors
Module 6: Route Planning
Module 7: Route Monitoring
Module 8: Chart Maintenance
Module 9: Data Management and Backup Arrangements
Module 10: Navigational Tools and other related Information
- VisionMaster FT ECDIS – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- Chart Radar (ECDIS functions) – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- Total Watch (ECDIS functions) – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- ECDIS-E – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- VisionMaster Net ECDIS – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
We recommend the usage of wired internet connection. Please note that connection via mobile internet is also possible, however, it is considered highly unstable and might cause failure of your exam.
Supported Internet Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Edge
- Windows 8 or higher with latest updates installed
- MacOS 10.12 Siera or higher with latest updates installed
- Apple iOS 11 or higher with latest updates installed