The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarization requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the Synapsis ECDIS NX.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
Module 1: User Interface
Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
Module 3: Sensor Management and Monitoring
Module 4: Alert Management
Module 5: Chart Management
Module 6: Chart Work
Module 7: Voyage Planning
Module 8: Voyage Monitoring
Module 9: Backup Arrangements, Logs and Data
Module 10: Navigational Tools and Functions
- SYNAPSIS ECDIS NX – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- Raytheon SYNAPSIS CONNING NX – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
We recommend the usage of wired internet connection. Please note that connection via mobile internet is also possible, however, it is considered highly unstable and might cause failure of your exam.
Supported Internet Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Edge
- Windows 8 or higher with latest updates installed
- MacOS 10.12 Siera or higher with latest updates installed
- Apple iOS 11 or higher with latest updates installed